Opencast 7: Release Notes
- Overhaul of the permission management with the newly added possibility to define how access control lists are evaluated and how series permission changes are populated to episodes. For more details take a look at the access control configuration guide.
- Canvas user and role provider
- Update Elasticsearch and make is possible to run Elasticsearch as an external service.
- Per-Tenant Capture Agent Users
- Asset manager snaphots clean-up to remove older snapshots for a given media package. In some cases, this can drasticaly reduce Opencast's storage consumption. This feature is implemented as option to the asset-delete workflow operation handler.
- Allows the workflow to select the audio track for composite video
- Improve scheduler performance, reducing the time for adding multiple schedules by up to 90% compared to the previous implementation.
- Add multi-tenant support for all list providers
- Make waveform size configurable
- Create a generic user interface configuration service
- Add link to series details, out of the eventstable-view
- Internationalization support for series LTI tools
- Display responsible person for workflows
- Allow the Ingest Service to make authenticated requests to other servers
- Crop service
A non-comprehensive list of improvements:
- Improvement of performance when scheduling new events or checking for conflicts. Please read the [upgrade guide] to make sure you migrate your data properly.
Additional Notes about 6.1
Opencast 6.1 contains a number of bug fixes, some of which are security relevant. The following known vulnerabilities
com.fasterxml.jackson.core:jackson-databind dependency have been fixed by this release:
|April 1st 2019||Feature Freeze|
|May 6th - May 12th 2019||Translation week|
|May 13th - May 26th 2019||Public QA phase|
|June 13th 2019||Release of Opencast 7.0|
- Maximiliano Lira Del Canto (University of Cologne)
- Katrin Ihler (ELAN e.V.)