Maven will automatically check for coding style violations for Java and interrupt the build process if any are found, displaying a message about it. Apart from that, here are some general rules:
- UTF-8 encoded
- No trailing spaces
- End files with a newline character
- Indentation is done with exactly two spaces
- No line of code should be wider than 120 columns
- Avoid unnecessary code style changes
- Avoid lines wider than 120 columns
- Avoid unnecessary style changes
- Try applying the Java style rules
- If in doubt, ask on list
The following is a list of logging levels and their use.
|Information that would only be useful when debugging a specific subsystem.
|Information relevant to development. Used to provide detailed information for developers.
|Information relevant to server administrators. Creating, updating, and deleting files should be logged here.
|Handled exceptions. A warning should be logged any time there is a possible problem administrators may need to investigate..
|Unhandled exceptions. Problems that were not automatically handled.