Processing Tasks can be started on Events that have successfully been added to the Opencast asset management (i.e. they are not in processing, scheduled or failed state).
A Task is essentially applying a workflow on an Event. A Task can be started on one or multiple events by selecting the Event(s) > Actions > Schedule Task. Select the workflow and press Submit to start the Task.
It is currently not possible to stop a running Task.
- INSTANTIATED: The task on the event is being prepared
- RUNNING: The task is currently running
- STOPPED: The task has stopped. Note: Stopping a task can only be achieved using the REST endpoint
- PAUSED: The task is paused and requires manual action (for example cutting) to proceed
- SUCCEEDED: The task has been run successfully
- FAILED: The task has failed. See the Event’s details for more information
- FAILING: The current task is about to fail and processing artifacts are being cleaned up