Opencast 10: Release Notes
- New conditional-config workflow operation handler, used to evaluate a list of conditions and set a workflow configuration variable accordingly.
- Opencast 10 adds JVM metrics to the metrics endpoint so you can monitor Opencast's memory and CPU behavior more closely using Prometheus.
- Updated Opencast Studio to 2021-06-11
- Update to Elasticsearch 7.10.2
- #2019: The full list of Opencast users can now be reduced in the admin UI's filtering tool using a regular expression
- #2619: Autoconfigure job dispatching so that non-admin nodes do not dispatch jobs by default
- #2554: Retract publications before deleting events rather than leaving the publications hanging with no easy way to remove them
- Improvements to Elasticsearch indexing #2211, etc
- #2677: Add 'latest' as a target verison for moving between asset manager storages
- Library updates across the project
- The default visibility of events and series in the admin interface has changed so that users will not only see entities they have write access to. This obviously has no effect on admin users since they have write access to everything anyway.
- Paella's internal user tracking is now disabled by default since it is seldom used and can put a lot of stress on the database.
- Opencast 10 now requires JDK 11
- Rename value for
sortparameter in search API from
- [#2644]: Use millisecond precision in Solr date range queries
Additional Notes about 10.1
This release contains many bugfixes. In particular, the email libraries are now working properly!
|May 18, 2021||Feature freeze|
|May 24, 2021||Translation week|
|May 31, 2021||Public QA|
|June 15, 2021||Release of Opencast 10.0|
- Greg Logan
- Per Pascal Seeland (University of Stuttgart)